Mothers On The Mountain Jewelry

Mothers On The Mountain Jewelry
Kelli Mayer, Silversmith & Lapidary Artist

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sunday Catch Up Day

It's been a bit since I've written due to the holidays and my entire family sharing a really nasty cold all through January! That month will remain a blur to me. 
So here I am finally with a chance to play catch up and show you all I've been creating. 
This is the first time in 3 years that I am not enrolled in a jewelry class. I tell you, it feels weird. But it's also a chance for me to take all I've learned and apply it on my own in my studio. So far it's been a good solo journey. 

Since the holidays I've made a few new pieces. Some have sold and some are still available. 

 First up is using the tube setting technique to make these sweet little Silver Flowers.  I make them with 5mm stones. So far I've made them with turquoise, garnet, lavender CZ, lab-grown ruby and rose quartz. As you can see, I saw them out with my jewelers saw and assemble the whole piece. 

This piece is a labor of love thought up during the wee hours of the morning.  This is a Rainbow Moonstone (aka Spectrolite) set in sterling silver. I soldered half rings all around to frame the stone. 


 This is the back of the pendant, which is actually a Chalcedony backing to reinforce the stone. It's a beauty.






 I tried my hand at stamping the bezel on a few rings. I really like how they turned out. This is a Nevada Turquoise and is for sale in my Etsy shop. 
The back of the Nevada Ring.  Some Love. 













Here's another ring where I stamped little designs along the bezel. This is a gorgeous blue/green Turquoise stone set in sterling silver. 
Below is the underneath side of the Turquoise ring with a breeze of hearts.


Lastly is this piece that I just finished. The stone speaks for itself in so many ways.  It's a Crazy Lace Agate set in sterling silver.  I did some stamping around the frame of the piece and of course, there is some love on the back. 



All in all, it's been a good start to the new year.  Back to the bench! 
Stay tuned for more creations~

No comments: