Mothers On The Mountain Jewelry

Mothers On The Mountain Jewelry
Kelli Mayer, Silversmith & Lapidary Artist

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sterling Silver Free Floating Hoop Earrings


Over the holidays, I started making these hoop earrings. I made them so that they float freely through a soldered jump ring.  The smaller ones I've used square wire, bent  into a hoop and soldered together. I then hammer all around on both sides, to create texture. I've also twisted the square wire to get an even cooler affect that catches the light. You can see those in the picture below. 
The large hoops are round wire, soldered in to a ring and free floating through a jump ring. 
I make these with whatever stone bead I have that catches my eye. I have a few pairs myself and love them!




Here is the pair of earring where I've twisted the square wire. This pair of earrings is paired with a faceted Red Tigers Eye bead. Just a bit more to catch the eye!


No comments: