Mothers On The Mountain Jewelry

Mothers On The Mountain Jewelry
Kelli Mayer, Silversmith & Lapidary Artist

Monday, September 3, 2012

First Week of School and Me!

So I got the first week of my jewelry classes under my belt.  The first one is the same class I took last semester,  the Jewelry/Metal class.  You learn all the tricks and trade of it all,  soldering, sawing, filing, and more!  The next class is a Casting class and that one is all day! Wow!  After getting a huge amount of information on it last Friday, my head has been reeling taking it all in.  Still, I'm really excited about learning new ways to create jewelry.
The one class I'd love to take is the stone setting one. That one doesn't work well with getting the kids after school so somehow I'll have to take that one in the summer time.
I was all ready to come home and create over the long holiday weekend and ended up with a cold that put me in bed!  All these ideas flowing in my head will have to wait.  Today I feel better and thought I'd let you know how it all went anyways.
Soon, I'll have pictures to show you of work in progress!! Till now it'll have to be a picture that makes me smile :)

I have a thing for cheetahs...they were my mom's favorites. They always make me smile!


No comments: