Mothers On The Mountain Jewelry

Mothers On The Mountain Jewelry
Kelli Mayer, Silversmith & Lapidary Artist

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Feather Progress

This is the first project we were assigned in class. It's about positive and negative space.  I decided to do a feather type design for a pendant.  I am using red brass metal for this one and am liking the way it is turning out.
The sketch for the feather
Just got done sawing it and starting to file it.

Here is it on it's way to be done.  I beveled the inside design to give it a bit of depth. I've only sanded up to 400 so just wait till it really has it's shine on!  The stem will end up being curled over in some way so that a chain can go through it.
My teacher wants me to make a mold of it in my casting class to cast it in silver too.  Hmmmmmm.....

So far so good!!

No comments: