Mothers On The Mountain Jewelry

Mothers On The Mountain Jewelry
Kelli Mayer, Silversmith & Lapidary Artist

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Seeing the Deeper World of Stones

I just love the way Mother Nature makes her beauty.  Natural gemstones are one of those beautiful things she made.  With the help of my macro lens from Photojojo  I am able to really see into them.  Honestly, I'd love to be a fairy and fly into the scenes of some stones and have an adventure!

Here are some stones at seen by the normal eye. No close up. 


Here's a close up of  the always gorgeous Fire Agate. This stone is a bit smaller than a dime.


Here's a gorgeous Sugilite. The purple is intense!



This one you just want to jump in and swim around in! Forgive me for not knowing all of the stones off the top of my head. Some I do and some I have to go look it up in my paperwork!


This is a deep and wild Mah-sit-sit Jade from Cambodia (I"m pretty sure).  


This cool one is a Crazy Laced Agate. 


This stone is really small (less than a dime) and is a Chrysocolla. Deep and wonderful!


No comments: