Mothers On The Mountain Jewelry

Mothers On The Mountain Jewelry
Kelli Mayer, Silversmith & Lapidary Artist

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Cold Mountain Jasper Pendant

Here's a beautiful pendant I made using a gorgeous Cold Mountain Jasper stone from Mexico. The colors in it are so good and full! I was able to take a close up picture of the stone using my macro lens from Photojojo.


 It's really a beauty! I ended up setting it in silver with a few granulated silver balls around it. It's a bit abstract just to keep it with the beauty of nature.



The name and the colors inspired me to saw a mountain shape out of the back of the pendant for an added touch.  I also did a patina on it to add to the old mountain natural look.



I really like how this one turned out. I'm sure whoever it goes home with will be very happy!


With a rustic patina on it with liver of sulfur, it looks well loved. And it is!

1 comment:

Eve Breckenridge said...

not only is the piece beautiful but the photos and the berl backround are perfect. A true artist. the is amazing and has so much soul!