Mothers On The Mountain Jewelry

Mothers On The Mountain Jewelry
Kelli Mayer, Silversmith & Lapidary Artist

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Soldering Table Hubby Built for Me

My mom always said my husband is "as handy as a pocket on a shirt!".  I know he is too, but sometimes I just really am amazed at what he creates.  Like this. My Soldering Table!

Soldering Table

 The drawer pulls are old lighting yoke clamps from my hubby's day in Theater long ago :)


He made the drawer sides longer so I am able to get all the way to the back of the drawer without it falling! Smart man.

Tonight he put up the Hardy-boy walls for safety. They are cement boards.   I filled the space up with fire brick and he did up a ledge to keep them in.


I'm all ready!  I used it before, but now it seems more official.  Last week I bought a third arm too.

My first time soldering at home :)  Hubby got me a little jewelers torch for Xmas along with some Handy Flux, hard to extra easy solder and some steel shot too (my son has a rock tumbler that I will be using too!).  Again, Smart Man..

 Here's the first piece I soldered at home! I'm on my way! Right now, I'll stick to the small torch. I have kids around and the tanks and kids make me nervous!


 My little Crock-Pot for my pickle solution. I'm using a non-toxic recipe. 1 Tablespoon of salt to 1cup of Vinegar. Warm it up and it works really well.  Again, with kids, I am trying to keep it safe.

No comments: